To provision the virtual machine, follow the steps below.
1. Click the Play button to power up the VM.
Windows 2012 will discover the new hardware and restart automatically.
2. Once the hardware discovery is finished, when prompted, configure your regional settings. Click Next.
3. When prompted for your Windows server product key, enter the product key or simply click Skip if you prefer to activate Windows later.
Note: activation requires a Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Retail Key. The appliance is not compatible with KMS.
4. Click I accept to accept the Windows EULA.
5. Next, you will be prompted for the initial Administrator password. Click OK to continue.
6. Enter a new password for the built-in local administrator account.
7. Click OK once your password has been changed.
8. After your password has been changed, you will be automatically logged in as "Administrator."
An Administrator: Windows PowerShell window will open, along with a second, smaller PowerShell window (this may take a few moments).
Enter the following information:
- IP Address
- Subnet mask, in CIDR notation
- Gateway IP address
- IP addresses of the DNS servers
Note: you may see auto-assigned or DHCP IP addresses, as information found on the adapter may be used to pre-populate these fields.
When you are finished, click Apply.
Once your settings have been applied, the VM will continue with the network configuration in the background. If you chose to enter the static IP address information in Step 9, the configuration will take a few seconds longer to complete.
The VM may restart one last time.