Enabling the Netmail Outlook Add-in to work within a terminal services environment requires some additional considerations. This article describes what must be done to achieve this configuration.
The Outlook Addin will load from the user’s profile.
There are several pre-requisites in order to accomplish this:
1. Terminal Servers need to have the following registry keys added to them:
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VSTO Runtime Setup\v4
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VSTO Runtime Setup\v4
In both paths, add the following Key:
"EnableVSTOLocalUNC" = dword:00000001
add the following Key:
“DisableMSI” = Reg_DWORD = 0
2. Terminal Servers are required to have the following software installed:
• Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools For Office Runtime (x64) (VSTO)
• Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5
Each user profile will have the Outlook addin installed.
This can be done quietly through a Group Policy Object or through another automated way:
NetmailArchiveOutlookAddIn64.msi CONFIGURL="https://search.carmnet.com /" TARGETDIR="%AppData%\Messaging Architects\NetmailArchiveOutlookAddin\" /qb
This will add the proper files to the user profile and update the registry keys for each user:
• %APPDATA%\Roaming\Messaging Architects\NetmailArchiveOutookAddin)
The following path must be configured at user login.
This will cache the user’s credentials for Netmail search on each user session (roaming profile) avoid re-entering the user ID and password every time Outlook is run:
setx PATH "%appdata%\Messaging Architects\NetmailArchiveOutlookAddIn"