Netmail Archive 5.x
In order to track which messages have been archived and to optimize subsequent archive jobs, Netmail Archive makes use of a flag or field called the Published Flag, that is stored in messages within Exchange. This flag stores the date and time on which the item in question was archived by Netmail Archive. This article describes how this flag can be viewed in Microsoft Outlook. Showing the column is often done when troubleshooting archiving operations to validate that items are being archived and marked correctly.
NOTE: This article uses screenshots from Outlook 2010 to illustrate how to view the Published flag, but the process is the same in Outlook 2013, and very similar in Outlook 2003 and 2007.
To turn on display of the Published Flag in Outlook, complete the following steps:
1. Open Outlook and select a folder containing items believed to have been archived by Netmail Archive.
2. Next, add a field that will be displayed in a column in the Message List window. The simplest way of doing this in Outlook 2003 and 2007 is to right-click inside the message list area, and then select View Settings, which may be easiest to do with the Reading Pane turned off. In Outlook 2010 and 2013, click the View > View Settings buttons on the ribbon:
3. The following dialogue box (Advanced View Settings) will be displayed after the View Settings button is clicked:
4. Click the Columns button to view the columns that are currently assigned for viewing:
5. From the Select available columns pull-down list, select User-defined fields in Inbox (or User-defined columns in folder if you are working with a folder other than the Inbox) and click the New Column button:
6. In the New Column dialog box enter the name messagingarchitects:Published and click OK:
7. Ensure that the new column is assigned to the Show Columns list on the right, and use the move up/move down buttons to position it where you would like it to appear in the order list:
8. Click OK on each dialog box to return to the message list window. The Published flag column (messagingarchitects:Published in this case) will be displayed as follows: