Shutting down or restarting the cluster are two cluster-wide actions that require authentication. Authentication is also required when changing the cluster settings to:
- Manage tenants
- Modify the logging host configuration
- Change the replication multicast value
- Suspend or resume volume recovery
- Set the power-saving mode
To commit your cluster-wide actions:
1. Open the node and/or cluster configuration file with the appropriate user credentials.
2. Modify the
security.administrators parameter. By default, an
admin user is predefined in the parameter that enables you to authenticate with Basic authentication (your password is sent in clear text from your browser to the Admin Console).
For added security, Netmail strongly recommends the following precautions:
- Change the
- Implement real user names.
- Encrypt user passwords using Digest authentication.
For more information, see Encrypting Netmail Store Passwords.
Note: After 60 seconds in most browsers, your user name and password are no longer valid. Use caution when entering your name and password in the Safari® and Chrome™ browsers, where information may not time out after 60 seconds.