Copy and paste the text in bold and fill up the information in the case prior to escalating. See description of each point below.
- Escalation type
- Describe the problem
- Describe the environment
- Describe the troubleshooting steps you tried
- Attach logs (see minimum requirements) and note relevant date and time
Escalation type (Stuck and need help, Reproducible Defect, Feature Request)
Describe the problem
Provide a clear description of the situation, things like:
- Symptoms you are seeing
- Error message screenshot, and in text so the error is searchable in Salesforce
- Screenshots should show the full UI
- Does the issue affect multiple users? Just one user?
Describe the environment
- Mail server and version (E.G. Exchange 2013, Groupwise 2014, etc)
- NetGovern product and version (E.G. Archive 126.96.36.1994)
- Versions of other relevant applications (E.G. Outlook 2013 32-bit, Firefox 63 64-bit)
- Describe the system (E.G. 3 nodes, recently upgraded, no firewall, domain-joined)
- The servers are using a host file
- There is a load balancer in the front of the server.
Describe the troubleshooting steps you tried
- What have you done to diagnose and investigate the issue?
- What are the steps you followed? Please be specific.
- Can you duplicate in a lab? If this is something reproducible with the client's data, please attach it.
- What changed recently?
- Did you search existing cases?
- Did you search using Google?
Attach logs and note relevant date and time
- Try to provide the minimum amount of logs while still providing useful information
- Enable debug logging
- Re-run the job with just one user
- State the date/time when the issue occurred, when the job started, etc.
Minimum traces/logs required:
- Archive job - Trace Folder
- Index job - NIPE log, DB Summary with Details and DB Trace (logging enabled)
- ILM/Export/Storage job - DB Summary with Details and DB Trace (logging enabled)
- Detach issue - DB Summary with Details and Trace folder (logging enabled)
- Netmail Search access - DP.log (dp logging enabled)
- Netmail Search searching - Dp.log and NIPE log (dp logging enabled)
- Outlook Add-in - Trace from workstation and DP.log (dp logging enabled)
- OWA issue - A_log and DP.log (dp logging enabled)
There are cases where some information will be irrelevant/unnecessary, it is impossible to create a template that would suit all types of cases. Please do a best effort to include the information, and if you cannot, the reasoning as to why it cannot be included.