The following sample email compliance policy for financial institutions can be created to identify SSN (Social Security numbers) in outbound email messages.
1. Choose Policies > Content Filter > Create Content Filter Policy.
2. Under Name for new object, enter a name for your policy, and then click Create.
3. Select your new policy from the tree menu on the left-hand side of the Netmail Administration Console.
4. Under Action on the Actions tab, select which message action you wish to take on a message which meets this criteria. Depending on your corporate epolicy, you may wish to select from the following options:
- Delete the Message: This option deletes the message containing the SSN. Use this option alone or use this option in conjunction with the BCC to or the Send Notification option.
- BCC to: This option allows you to specify where a blind carbon copy of the message should be sent. Use this option notify a designated individual about a violation in corporate epolicy without notifying the sender of the message.
- Send Notification: This option allows you to choose a Notification policy. Notification policies can be configured to automatically send email notifications to the sender and/or administrators when a message containing an SSN is detected in the system. Notification Policies are created by choosing Policies > Notifications. For more information, see Notifications Policy Configuration and Management.
5. Click Save Changes, and then click the Criteria tab.
6. Under Filter Type, choose Regular Expressions.
7. In the Filter Value text box, enter the following number sequence: [0-9][0-9][0-9].[0-9][0-9][0-9].[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].
8. Click Save Changes to save your policy.
9. Choose Domains. Highlight the name of your domain, and click Assign Policy.
10. In the dialog box that appears, select Content Filter as the policy Type, Outgoing as the Direction of mail flow, and then select the name of the Policy you have just created. Click Assign.
11. To apply the policy to all users in the organization, do not select Allow Override.
12. Click Save Changes to save your changes.