For a Client Access Server installed against an Exchange system, the following steps are used to locate the user's archives after a successful login.
- After a successful authentication, the RP will use the supplied credentials to search for the user in the cache (LDAP: ou=GWOpenServer, ou=Users). Simultaneously it will search for a matching usermap (LDAP: ou=GWOpenServer, ou=UserMaps) in case this account has changed since it was originally archived (eg. name change)
- If a usermap is found, the attribute maUserPreviousID is recorded. If no usermap exists, the currentID is constructed using the CN of the user object.
- Using the ID determined in Step 2, the RP will search the audit paths of Exchange repositories not set to "invisible".
- From the user object the RP will also read the maLdapAttributes to find a MAID. If it is not NULL, then this attribute specifies the folder name of the user in a GroupWise repository.
- Using the MAID from Step 4, it will search the audit paths of GroupWise repositories not set to "invisible".