Upgrade Store USB Key to Latest Version
Last Modified: 16/01/2013 08:30:30 AM
Written by: Jon Slater
I am running and older version and need to upgrade to new version of Store
Please Read First!
Please note that once you have run through this upgrade procedure and restarted the nodes, you cannot backrev to the previous version. When you upgrade to a newer version, you must stay with that version (or you can upgrade to another newer version).
You need to return the USB key to the same system from which it came.
If you are upgrading from much older version of M+SecureStore to Netmail Secure, this should be done in steps (to check the version number, refer to your Store WebAdmin and note of the version number).
Please follow the recommendations below for upgrading Store:
Version below 4.0.x → upgrade to 4.0.x
Version 4.0.X - 5.0.x → upgrade to 5.1.x
Version 5.1.x and above → can be upgraded to latest version of Netmail Store
1. Plug the USB flash device into the Windows computer.
2. Unzip the upgrade zip file.
3. Make note of the drive letter assigned to USB device (Examples use X:).
4. Move the license.txt and node.cfg files from USB key to computer (they are found on the USB key in the /caringo folder).
*This step is very important, as the next step will overwrite the config file and possibly the license file.
5. Copy all files from upgrade zip file to the USB flash drive. You will overwrite the existing files already on the flash drive.
*There are hidden files and folders, so make sure you get everything.You may need to turn on the "show hidden files and folders" option.
6. Open a command prompt: Start Menu → Run: "cmd.exe"
7. Run the syslinux.exe utility from the upgrade zip passing the drive letter of the USB flash device as a parameter.
*Example: "D:\syslinux.exe X:"
8. Move the license.txt and node.cfg files back to the USB key in the /caringo folder.
9. Stop the USB flash drive and unmount. This is typically done by double-clicking the icon on the task bar that is labeled "Safely Remove Hardware" and the clicking the Stop button for the USB flash device.
10. Plug the USB flash device back into the Store node and restart the node.
*Restarting the nodes should be done from the web console when ever possible. To do this you will need the username and password, which can be found in the node.cfg file of the node.
If you are doing a rolling upgrade of the nodes and it is taking longer than 15 minutes from the restart of the first node, you may want to suspend volume recovery temporarily until all systems are up and running the same version of software. To do this, from the web console, click Settings and check Suspend Volume Recovery. To save this, you will need the username and password, which can be found in the node.cfg file of the node.
Once the first system is rebooted, log in to the the web console and verify the version number.
You will only see nodes listed after they have been rebooted and are running the new version of the software.